Gizmo Recording Company is a full service, state-of-the-art studio with a comfortable atmosphere and very knowledgeable staff. We offer complete music production services: recording, mixing, production, engineering and mastering. We also offer remote mixing via the Internet.
Classical instrumental and vocal auditions and college entrance audio/video recordings are a specialty, along with composition and songwriter demos. We do everything we can to help Washington area musicians succeed!
If you're a home studio owner, Gizmo is a great place to come mix your latest project! Working with our engineers in our professionally tuned enviornment will enable you to bring the most out of your recordings and take your music to the next level.
Our staff has extensive experience with a full range of musical expressions and styles — from acoustic to electric, solo to full band, classical to hard rock — Gizmo has the right gear and the right engineer for the job.
Internet / Remote Mixing
You don't have to be in the Washington, D.C. area to mix your project at Gizmo! Send us your project's files and you'll get the same great quality, professional mix that you would get if you were in the room with us. It's easy, it's fast, and we'll talk you through the process every step of the way!
Gizmo is the perfect place for singer/songwriters to have their songs recorded with full production or do solo gig demos. Our Singer/Songwriter Special gives you a completed, full production recording at a reasonable rate. We specialize in acoustic, country, blues, rock and roots styles. And if you're in need of a live performance demo, Gizmo's comfortable atmosphere is a great place to record live!
Classical Performance / College Entrance Demos
Our acoustically treated room is excellent for recording classical music. We have a beautifully maintained Baldwin 7' grand piano and a wonderful selection of mics for all instruments. We're convenient to the University of Maryland and Montgomery College, with affordable prices to accomodate the student or rising professional.
In this age of home computer recording technology we have found a new way to be of service to the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC music communities. We now offer consulting services for those who choose to record in their homes.
Studio owner Gantt Kushner can come to your home and help with room acoustics, ergonomics, equipment setup, recording techniques and many other aspects of the process. You can also have the tracks you've recorded in your home studio mixed by Gantt at Gizmo for truly professional results.
Get In Touch!
Give us a call or use the contact form if you're interested in any of our services. We'd love to help you with your project!
A partial list of past projects recorded at Gizmo:
- "My Heart Stood Still" Bruce Swaim Quartet (Wammy award winner!)
- "Tail Light Blues" Karen Collins & the Backroads Band
- "Souls Aflame" O.A.R.
- "The Wanderer" O.A.R.
- "facts + figures" Peter Fraize
- "The Francis Suite" Kenny Rittenhouse
- "The Zoot Side of Life" Don Lerman
- "I Am Still" DC Anderson
- "Our Story" DC Anderson
- "Allen's Odyssey" James King
- "Arms of the World" Bill Baker
- "For The First Time" Lou Boden
- "Experience Christmas" Chuck Holden
- "Mar Azul" Mauro Marcondes
- "Anywhere the Wind Blows" Jr Cline
- "Stories of Before" Paul Pieper
- "Gone Baby Gone" Craig Cummings
- "They All Laughed" Michael Suser
- "I Got Up!" Chad Carter
- "Steppin' Out Live" Antonio Parker
- "Dede & The Do-Rights" Dede Wyland
- "Private Concert" Halley Shoenberg
- "Loveprints" Mary Ann Clark
- "Imagine" Pam Parker
- "Soli Deo Gloria" The St. Camillus Multicultural Choir
- "Beati Pacifici" The St. Camillus Multicultural Choir
- "Finally" Sharon Clark
- "After All These Years" Ginny Carr
- "Sweet Hello" Sarah Lawrence
- "Half Past Swing" Uptown Vocal Jazz Quartet
- "When The Sun Goes Down" Uptown Vocal Jazz Quartet
- "Between Here and There" Imani
- "Julie Hall" Julie Hall
- "Players, Fools & Thieves" Bill Holland
- "By Heart" Bill Holland
- "True Blue Trio" Bill Holland
- "Naked & Smiling" Tony Denikos
- "Time Tells Tales" Tony Denikos
- "Already Gone" Tony Denikos
- "To Buenos Aires with Love" Quintango
- "Secret Places" Quintango
- "Quintango" Quintango
- "2nd Nature" The Lou Rainone Quartet
- "Altitude" The Al Maniscalco Quartet
- "four+four" Robert Sykes Ensemble
- "Step Back" Mike Thornton and the Jay Cooley Quartet
- "Let's All Go Down to New Orleans" The Dixie Power Trio
- "The Awakening" The Michael Thomas Quintet
- "The Messenger" The Michael Thomas Quintet
- "Bevery Cosham Sings Yip Harburg" Beverly Cosham
- "Just A Thought" Dan La Maestra & One Step Up
- "Never Too Late" Al Williams
- "The Brightest Star" Patty McKay
- "James Cotton Quartet" The James Cotton Quartet
- "Invitation" Bill Harris
- "Kevin Kline" Kevin Kline
- "Coronado Sand" Gerry Kunkel & Jim Hayward
- "Pick Up The Pieces" Interplay
- "First Time" Interplay
- "Lifeline" Dan Reynolds
- "Ijexa" Origem
- "Teshuva" Tasat, Moguilevsky & Lerner
- "Fiesta Sefarad" Ramon Tasat
- "Cantata Ebraica" Ramon Tasat
- "Libabtini" Ramon Tasat
- "Como la rosa en la guerta" Ramon Tasat
- "Your Bountiful Light" Ramon Tasat & Norma Brooks
- "Kantikas de amor i vida" Ramon Tasat
- "Mi Tuv Nehorakh" Ramon Tasat
- "The Beauty of Simplicity" Kelly Shepherd
- "The Crayfish Sisters" The Crayfish Sisters
- "Super Elastic Acoustic Plastic" CommonbonD
- "A CommonBonD Christmas" CommonbonD
- "All The Way" Frank Russo Band
- "Snapshot" Frank Russo
- "Jazz'n & Blues'n" Georgene Fountain
- "Windows" The Bob Butta Trio